The two hundred and forty-first day of the Ukrainian nation’s heroic resistance to the Russian large-scale invasion has begun. The enemy is trying to hold the temporarily captured territories, focuses its efforts on restraining the actions of the Defense Forces in certain directions, and at the same time does not abandon attempts to conduct offensive actions in the Bakhmut and Avdiiv directions.
Over the past 24 hours, units of the Defense Forces have repelled the attacks of the occupiers in the Ternov settlements of the Kharkiv region; Bilogorivka and Zolotarivka in the Luhansk region and Lyman, Ivangrad, Soledar, Novokalynove, Ozaryanivka, Odradivka and Pervomaiske in Donetsk region. The enemy is shelling the positions of our troops along the contact line and conducting aerial reconnaissance. It continues to strike critical infrastructure and civilian homes in violation of International Humanitarian Law, the laws and customs of war.
During the day, the enemy carried out 5 missile and 19 air strikes, carried out more than 94 attacks from rocket salvo systems. Areas of about 20 settlements were hit by enemy attacks. These are, in particular, Kharkiv, Kupyansk; Bakhmut, Odradivka, Maryinka, Zelenopilya of the Donetsk region; Zaporizhzhia, as well as Novovoskresenske in the Kherson region. For their crimes, the enemy used aviation and anti-aircraft guided missiles, as well as “Shahed-136” attack UAVs.
The situation in the Volyn and Poliske directions has not changed significantly. The deployment of the joint regional grouping of troops of the Russian Federation and the Republic of Belarus continues. During the day, the enemy’s aircraft carried out training flights in the airspace of the Republic of Belarus. According to the available information, there have been rare cases of conflicts between the Russian and Belarusian military on the background of national affiliation and the Russians’ defiant attitude towards Belarusians.
The enemy shelled in other directions:
- in the Siverskyi direction – from mortars and barrel artillery, from the areas of Ukrainy, Mykolaivka, Krasnyi Khutir and Gai settlements of Chernihiv Oblast, as well as Pokrovka in Sumy Oblast;
- in the Slobozhansk direction – from tanks, mortars, barrel and rocket artillery, in the areas of the settlements of Vovchansk, Gatishche, Hlyboke, Milove, Ohirtseve, Neskuchne, Staritsa, Ternova, Strelecha and Chugunivka;
- in the Kupyansk direction – from mortars and rocket artillery, in the areas of Kolodyazne, Dvorichna, Bohdanivka, Berestov and Kislivka settlements;
- in the Lymansky direction – from tanks, mortars, barrel and jet artillery, in the areas of Karmazynivka, Zarichne, Shyykivka and Terna settlements;
- in the Bakhmut direction – from tanks, mortars, barrel and jet artillery, in the areas of Andriivka, Soledar, Bakhmutske, Bakhmut, Belogorivka, Verkhnyokamianske, Spirne, Ivangrad, Rozdolivka, Zelenopillia, Klishchiivka and Opytne; in the Avdiivka direction – from tanks and artillery, in the districts of Avdiivka, Vesely, Krasnohorivka, Maryinka, Novomykhailivka, Vodiany, and Pervomaisky.
- The enemy did not conduct active offensives in the Novopavlovsk and Zaporizhzhya directions. Fired in the areas of Vugledar, Prechistivka, Vremivka, Velika Novosilka, Biloghirya, Zeleny Gayu, and Mala Tokmachka. In the South Buzka direction, more than 20 settlements near the contact line were hit by fire. Among them are Novovoskresenske, Myrne, Davidiv Brid and Novohredneve.
According to available information, a large part of the population left the city of Kherson. The Russian occupiers, who remained in the city, change into civilian clothes and move into the abandoned houses. The enemy is preparing Kherson for street battles. As of October 21, the Russian occupiers are conducting measures to free the premises of the Kakhov Hospital from patients and medical staff
In the city of Energodar, Russian soldiers are looting abandoned apartments and hotels where they lived. Along with the search for weapons, the Russian military leadership does not stop trying to attract foreign mercenaries to the war in Ukraine. According to available information, in one of the countries of the Middle East, the recruitment of militants continues.
The level of dissatisfaction with the actions of the military leadership on the part of the civilian population of the Russian Federation is increasing. In particular, because of the mobilization that still continues in remote regions, despite the official announcement of its end.
On October 20 of this year, the Defense Forces fired at a repair base of the occupiers and enemy equipment in the area of Novaya Kakhovka, Kherson Region.
Aviation of the Defense Forces carried out 16 strikes during the past day. The defeat of three strongholds and ten areas of concentration of weapons and military equipment, as well as three positions of the enemy’s anti-aircraft missile systems, was confirmed. In addition, our air defense units shot down an enemy Su-25 aircraft and one Orlan-10 UAV in various directions
Over the past day, soldiers of the missile forces and artillery hit 2 control points, 14 areas of concentration of manpower, weapons and military equipment, an ammunition depot, the enemy’s S-300 anti-aircraft missile complex, enemy artillery at firing positions and 5 more important targets.