On the evening of October 7, the Palestinian Islamist movement Hamas announced the launch of another 150 rockets towards Tel Aviv, reports newsru.co.il. A video of the missile attack is being published online.
According to the publication, at 19:59 sirens sounded in Holon, Bat Yam, Tel Aviv, Rishon LeZion, Rehovot, as well as in the Palmachim area. A series of explosions were heard and the Israeli Iron Dome missile defense system was operating.
Later, sirens sounded in the area of Herzliya and Kfar Shmaryahu, as well as in Ra’anana and other settlements in the center of the country.
Hamas said it fired 150 rockets in response to the destruction of the Palestinian Tower in the Gaza Strip.
Judging by the video, a residential building was hit in Tel Aviv:
Times of Israel writes that the death toll from the Hamas attack has risen to more than 200 people, with at least 1,100 wounded.
- On October 7, 2023, Hamas carried out its biggest attack on Israel in years, with militants crossing the border along with a heavy rocket attack on Israel from the Gaza Strip.
- The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) said it launched Operation Iron Swords in response.
- Netanyahu said that Israel is in a state of war and that clearing of settlements in the south, where the militants managed to break through, has begun. In the evening, a state of emergency was declared throughout Israel. Israel also deprived the Gaza Strip of electricity.
- Hamas said it had killed and captured “scores” of Israeli soldiers.
- Palestinian media write that Israeli forces allegedly bombed the house of the Hamas leader in the Gaza Strip.
Read also: Israel. What should Ukrainians in the country do – instructions from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
If you notice a spelling error, highlight it with the mouse and press Ctrl+Enter.