This was announced by the mayor of Kyiv Vitaliy Klitschko telegram.
“Roman went to protect Ukraine from the beginning of a large-scale invasion of Russian barbarians. And the fact that this talented, principled and brave warrior is no longer with us is a great loss for Kyiv and the entire country. Because it is people like Roman Ratushnyi who are the future of a strong and democratic Ukraine. Therefore, with today’s decision, we immortalized the name of Roman and his cause of protection of Kyiv’s green zones,” he emphasized.
According to the mayor, on September 8, in addition to Volgograd, about 40 streets whose names are related to the Russian Federation and the USSR were renamed. Vitaliy Klitschko recalled that at the last meeting at the end of August, the Kyiv City Council renamed 95 streets, squares and alleys in Kyiv.
Vitaliy Klitschko also added y telegramthat Moskovska Street in the center of the capital was named in honor of the Princes of Ostrog.
- In the battle near Izyum on June 9, the head of the NGO “Zakhystimo Protasiv Yar” and the scout of the 93rd ombre “Kholodny Yar” – Roman Ratushny, died. From the first days of the full-scale war, the defender defended Kyiv, and then took part in the liberation of Trostianets. He would have turned 25 on July 5.
- Roman’s father Taras Ratushny commented a tragic event on Facebook.
- On June 18, at Independence Square, they said goodbye to Roman Ratushny, head of the public organization “Protect Protasiv Yar”, who died in the battle with the Russian occupiers in the Kharkiv region.
- On July 4, in her speech at the conference on the reconstruction of Ukraine, the head of the European Commission remembered the Kyiv activist Roman Ratushny, who died in the war.
- As of August 1, the petition to grant the title of Hero of Ukraine to activist Roman Ratushny, who died on June 9 in the Kharkiv region, has gathered the required 25,000 signatures.
Follow the events in Ukraine and the world together with Espresso! Subscribe to the Telegram channel: https://t.me/espresotb