About this informs “Voice of Korea”.
“The submarine launching ceremony marked the beginning of a new chapter in the strengthening of the DPRK’s naval forces,” the statement said.
The nuclear submarine was launched on September 6, but it became known only now. Dictator Kim Jong Un was allegedly present at the event.
North Korean propagandists emphasized that the new tactical nuclear attack submarine “will fulfill its combat mission as one of the main underwater offensive assets of the North’s naval forces.”
- In July, the Minister of Defense of the Russian Federation, Serhiy Shoigu, visited the DPRK and met, in particular, with his North Korean counterpart.
- In early August, the White House accused the Russian Federation of trying to buy ammunition from the DPRK.
- On August 18, it became known that US President Joe Biden is ready to meet with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un “without preconditions” to discuss the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.
- On August 31, the United States imposed sanctions against two citizens of the Russian Federation due to the development of weapons of mass destruction and ballistic missiles for the DPRK.
- At the beginning of September, the media wrote that Kim Jong-un plans to visit Putin and discuss the supply of weapons to the Russian Federation for the war in Ukraine.
- The US State Department has called on North Korea to stop arms talks with Russia after reports of an upcoming meeting between the leaders of the two countries.
- The President of South Korea, Yoon Seok-yeol, called on the world to immediately stop any attempts at military cooperation with the DPRK against the background of information about the interaction between the Russian Federation and North Korea.