About this reports The Wall Street Journal.
U.S. and European officials announced Monday that the text to revive the 2015 nuclear deal had been finalized and that negotiations were over, saying Iran must now decide whether to accept them or withdraw from the deal.
A senior European Union official said EU foreign policy chief Josep Borrell would send the text to the US, Iran and other negotiators, outlining the next steps to approve the deal. The official said Iran would have “several weeks” to decide whether to renew the deal.
Read also: Putin has become a secondary partner of both Turkey, Iran, and China – the adviser to the Minister of Internal Affairs Denisenko
Iranian officials immediately refused, saying that they had already submitted an initial response to the draft and would therefore release additional theses later.
“The text presented by the coordinator stretches all of us to the limit of our flexibility,” said a European diplomat. “This marks the end of almost a year and a half of negotiations. Now is the time for final decisions.”
- At the end of July, the head of European diplomacy, Josep Borrell, proposed a new version of the nuclear agreement with Iran.
- On July 14, the US and Israel signed a joint commitment to block Iran’s nuclear program. Washington and Israel have for years separately made veiled statements about a possible pre-emptive war with Iran, which denies seeking nuclear weapons.
Follow the events in Ukraine and the world together with Espresso! Subscribe to the Telegram channel: https://t.me/espresotb