The real losses of the occupying forces of the Russian Federation at the airfield in Novofedorivka, near the city of Saka on the territory of the temporarily occupied Crimea, are much higher than the Russian authorities claim. At least ten airplanes and helicopters were destroyed, the remaining pieces of equipment were badly damaged, and the infrastructure of the military base was destroyed.
About this reports Insider edition.
The losses of the Russian occupiers at the airfield are estimated as follows:
- destroyed or damaged 8 Su-27 fighters;
- 4 Su-30M fighters were destroyed or damaged;
- 5 Su-24 front-line bombers were destroyed or damaged;
- 6 Mi-8 military transport helicopters were destroyed or damaged;
- the Il-20T plane was destroyed;
- at least four ammunition warehouses were destroyed;
- a number of important infrastructure buildings were damaged.
The total value of the destroyed planes is from 120 to 220 million dollars. Satellite images of the territory of the airbase before and after the explosions were also published.
We will remind you that on the eve of the occupied Crimea, for the first time during the full-scale war, explosions rang out at a military facility. Officially, Russia persistently refuses to admit the powerlessness of its anti-aircraft defense and denies a possible missile hit.
The Ministry of Defense of Ukraine did not provide clear comments, ironically reminding about “fire safety rules and the prohibition of smoking in unspecified places.” On the morning of August 10, the General Staff report on Russian losses mentioned nine destroyed planes.