Kyiv and Lviv universities lead the list of selected universities. The most popular specialties are traditionally legal, managerial and IT.
This was announced by the Minister of Education and Science of Ukraine Serhii Shkarlet.
Thus, as of October 18, more than 640,000 electronic applications from 188,000 applicants for higher education were submitted through the EDEBO system.
Traditionally, the most applications are for legal, managerial, humanitarian and IT specialties. The pedagogical specialty “Secondary education” was also included in the rating based on the number of submitted applications.
Rating of specialties by the number of submitted applications:
- Law – 44192;
- Computer science – 41508;
- Philology – 36596;
- Management – 35053;
- Psychology – 34066.
Ranking of universities according to the number of submitted applications:
- Lviv Polytechnic National University – 28314;
- National Technical University of Ukraine Kyiv Polytechnic Institute named after Ihor Sikorsky – 27,635;
- Ivan Franko Lviv National University – 27,303;
- Taras Shevchenko Kyiv National University – 26,797;
- National Aviation University – 18,184.
Rating of higher education institutions according to the provided recommendations for the budget:
- National Technical University of Ukraine Kyiv Polytechnic Institute named after Ihor Sikorsky – 3932;
- Lviv Polytechnic National University – 2960;
- Kyiv National University named after Taras Shevchenko – 2890;
- Lviv Ivan Franko National University – 2,331;
- National Technical University Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute – 1497.
Slovo i Dilo wrote about how the number of entrants and the volume of state orders change over the years.
We also suggest mentioning the most popular universities and specialties in 2021.