The number of victims of the civilian population as a result of the Russian occupation in Izyum in the Kharkiv region may exceed a thousand, since there are at least three mass graves.
This opinion was expressed by the deputy mayor of Izyum, Volodymyr Matsokin, at an online briefing on Thursday, September 22, at the Ukraina media center, writes Interfax-Ukraine.
The name of the soldier tortured in Izyum with blue-yellow bracelets on his arm became knownThe hand with the blue-yellow bracelets from the burial near Izyum, the photo of which went viral, belongs to the military ZSU.
September 20, 2022, 06:24
“Today we can talk about the fact that such burials are not in one place, but in at least three… There may also be mass burials there. And if we initially estimated that there were a thousand victims among the civilian population of our community, I am afraid that this number can only increase.”– he said.
The deputy mayor reminded that the exhumation of the bodies of the mass burial in Izyum is ongoing.
As the prosecutor of the region, Oleksandr Filchakov, said on the air of the telethon, experts have already exhumed almost 340 bodies – 320 civilians and 18 military personnel.
According to his data, a total of 445 graves were counted in the cemetery. Some of them have two, three or four bodies.
It will be recalled that a mass burial in the forest was discovered in Izyum last week. The exhumation of the phone is in progress.
At the same time, Russia declared that the burial in Izyum was allegedly staged.