Information about the event was received by the Chuguyiv district police department in the evening of January 13.
It has been preliminarily established that the fire started in the house of a 68-year-old pensioner due to careless handling of the stove heating. The man was poisoned by carbon monoxide and died.
The investigator’s information is entered into the Unified Register of Pretrial Investigations pursuant to Part 2 of Art. 270 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine.
In view of the heating season and possible power outages, the police call on citizens to observe fire safety rules when operating electric heating devices, electrical networks, furnace and gas heating.
Pay attention to the condition of heating furnaces and chimneys.