The two hundred and ninety-seventh day of the Russian large-scale invasion has begun. Over the past day, units of the Defense Forces of Ukraine repelled the attacks of the occupiers in the areas of more than twenty settlements. In particular, these are Ploschanka, Chervonopivka, Belogorivka of the Luhansk region and Bakhmut, Opytne, Zelenopilya, Andriyivka, Maryinka, Pobyeda and Novomykhailivka of the Donetsk region. At the same time, the Russian invaders launched a massive missile attack on the civil and energy infrastructure of our state.
In total, the enemy launched 98 rockets and carried out more than 65 attacks from rocket salvo systems. The threat of enemy air and missile attacks on critical infrastructure objects remains throughout Ukraine.
In the Volyn and Poliske directions, the situation has not changed significantly, and no signs of the formation of enemy offensive groups have been detected.
- In the Siverskyi and Slobozhanskyi directions, the occupiers shelled the areas of the settlements of Gai in the Chernihiv region with artillery; Gavrilova Sloboda, Seredyna-Buda, Yastrubyne and Kindrativka in Sumy Oblast and Strelecha, Staritsa, Ambarne, Vilkhuvatka, Dvorichna and Krasne in Kharkiv Oblast.
- In the Kupian direction, the areas of Sinkivka, Orlyanka, Tabaivka, Berestovo and Vyshnevo of Kharkiv region and Volodymyrivka and Stelmakhivka of Luhansk region were affected by fire.
- In the Lymansky direction, the enemy shelled the positions of our troops near Makiivka, Ploshanka, Chervonopivka, Dibrova, and Hirsky in the Luhansk region.
- In the Bakhmut and Avdiiv directions, the enemy shelled the areas of more than twenty-five settlements. Among them are Verkhnyokamianske, Spirne, Bilogorivka, Vesele, Soledar, Bakhmutske, Bakhmut, Opytne, Zalizne, Maryinka and Pervomaiske in Donetsk region.
- In the direction of Novopavlivsk, the enemy inflicted fire damage near the settlements of Bogoyavlenka, Neskuchne, Prechistivka and Vugledar of the Donetsk region.
- In the Zaporizhzhya and Kherson directions, the enemy continues to destroy the civil infrastructure of settlements along the right bank of the Dnipro River with artillery. More than 35 settlements were shelled. In particular, Plavni, Gulyaipole, Dorozhnyanka, Olhivske and Nikopol in the Zaporizhzhia region and Chornobayivka, Antonivka, Kherson and Mylove in the Kherson region.
The enemy redeploys individual units and withdraws part of its troops from Kakhovka and Novaya Kakhovka of the Kherson region to the area of the settlement of Nizhny Sirogozy. Among local residents, servicemen are spreading information that Kakhovka will be abandoned by Russian troops by the end of this year, therefore, locals loyal to the occupiers are being offered a move to the temporarily occupied Ukrainian Crimea.
In the Luhansk region, the occupiers continue to exert pressure on local entrepreneurs and force them to re-register their businesses according to the legislation of the Russian Federation.