The Committee of the Verkhovna Rada on the Health of the Nation submitted it to the Parliament draft law No. 7457 on medical cannabis for consideration in the second reading.
The head of the committee, Mykhailo Radutskyi, announced this on the evening of October 10, the publication writes Babel.
At the committee meeting, amendments to the second reading were considered, of which there were 840. Radutsky says that the committee consulted with everyone involved in the industry and “considered the right suggestions.”
Most of the changes relate to access to patient treatment and increased production control. In particular, it refers to the following changes to the second reading:
- the law obliges the government to move medical cannabis in the “List of narcotic drugs” from table 1 (prohibited drugs) to table 2 (allowed under strict control);
- to allow the import of raw materials, so that patients do not have to wait for several years, but almost immediately receive the necessary drugs in pharmacies;
- The Ministry of Agrarian Policy will maintain a register of companies that grow and process industrial hemp (access to the register will be available at the National Police);
- laboratory control of THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) — the main psychoactive component of cannabis. will be conducted exclusively in state specialized laboratories (Ministry of Internal Affairs, SBU, State Border and Border Service, Ministry of Justice, State Medical Service);
- a ban on the sale of cannabis plants and their processing products with any content of tetrahydrocannabinol for recreational use (for pleasure) is introduced;
- patients can carry, transport and store cannabis medicines in cases of medical prescription and in the amount determined by one prescription.
Subscribe to Telegram channel “ATN News”