Ukrainian Hydrometeorological Center predictedthat the probability of long periods of very cold weather with a minimum temperature of -25 … -30 degrees in Ukraine this winter is very low.
Follow us on Telegram: only important and verified news
The results of the analysis of temperature indicators in Ukraine over the past 30 years indicate the following:
– the transition of the average daily temperature through +8 degrees downwards (the beginning of the heating period) even in the northern regions of Ukraine is carried out in the third decade of October, in other regions of Ukraine in early November and later;
– the average temperature of the winter period (especially January and February) increased by 2.0-2.5 degrees;
– significantly reduced the duration of the winter period with temperatures below zero degrees;
– the sum of negative temperatures during the winter period decreased by almost 2 times;
– every winter a large number of temperature records of relatively high temperatures are recorded for the entire period of meteorological observations;
– the transition of the average daily temperature in spring through +8 degrees upwards (the end of the heating period) is carried out in the first ten days of April and earlier.
Based on this analysis, the Hydrometeorological Center made the following conclusions about the upcoming winter 2022-23.
– the average temperature of the winter period (December-February) is expected to be 1-2 degrees above the norm calculated for the period 1991-2020;
– the probability of long periods of very cold weather with a minimum temperature of -25..-30 degrees in Ukraine is very low;
– for the most part, short-term significant cold snaps lasting 1-5 days are likely, when the minimum temperature at night will be -15 … -20 degrees in the north-east of the country to -26 degrees;
– postponement of the beginning of the heating season to a later date and its end to an earlier date is justified and confirmed by meteorological calculations.
- August 27 Prime Minister Denis Shmyhal said that the main risk in the upcoming heating season will be Russian attacks on critical infrastructure.
- Since October 10, Russia has really started shelling energy facilities, provoking rolling blackouts in a number of regions of Ukraine.
- October 12 Shmyhal declaredthat the minimum temperature in residential premises in winter will be reduced to 16 degrees.
If you notice a spelling mistake, select it with the mouse and press Ctrl+Enter.