She told about it on Espresso.
“We appeal for the release of the boys from Azovstal, first of all the Azov residents who suffered in Olenivka. We still do not know who died or who was injured as a result of this cynical terrorist attack. We appeal to the world, to international organizations, to influence and help return our boys and, first of all, more than 200 Azov citizens who suffered from the terrorist attack in Olenivka. No one can tell anything about Azov citizens, because there is no access to Olenivka, not even the Red Cross,” said the sister of the captured chief of staff of the “Azov” regiment.
Sandra Krotevych explained that since the boys left Azovstal, none of the relatives know where the commanders are or whether they are alive.
“I am asking all Ukrainians to sign a petition from the families of the Azov captives so that the UN creates a monitoring group with the aim of not only checking the condition of the prisoners in Olenivka and obtaining a list of the dead, but also to find and return all the prisoners from Azovstal. There is no information about the Azov residents at all, they are kept in strict isolation and further away from prisoners of war from other units. That is why an international monitoring group is needed, which would collect all the information and pass it on to the families of the prisoners,” noted Krotevych.
A member of the Association of Families of Defenders of Azovstal also reported that today, September 6, in Kyiv, on Sofiyivskyi Square at 8:00 p.m., we will honor the memory of those who died in Olenivka, so we invite those who care to come and support the families of prisoners, honor the memory of the people of Azov and just to join
- On May 16, servicemen were evacuated from Azovstal to Mariupol to occupied Novoazovsk and Olenivka. On May 17, the First Deputy Minister of Defense of Ukraine, Hanna Malyar, stated that the operation to rescue the defenders of Azovstal will continue until they return home.
- On July 29, the Russians shelled the prison in Olenivka, where Ukrainian prisoners were kept, with artillery. On August 2, American experts confirmed that Ukrainian prisoners of war in Olenivka were blown up by the Russians.
- On June 13, Natalia, the sister of a soldier of the special forces unit of the Azov State University, said that she did not have information about her brother’s whereabouts. Probably, the captured soldiers could be in the occupied Olenivka, she turned to the Red Cross with a request to provide more information.
- On August 23, it became known that the United Nations has prepared a group of specialists who will deal with establishing the facts of the death of about 50 Ukrainian prisoners of war in the colony in the occupied Olenivka.
- On August 24, the UN Security Council held a meeting devoted to a wide range of issues related to the consequences of a full-scale Russian war against Ukraine. The President of Ukraine, Volodymyr Zelenskyy, called for an investigation into the Russian war crime in Olenivka and for the UN mission to check the conditions of detention of prisoners of war.
- In connection with the war crime committed by Russia on the territory of the temporarily occupied Olenivka settlement of the Donetsk region, the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine published an appeal to the world community, international organizations, governments and parliaments of foreign countries.
- The armed forces of the Russian Federation carried out a targeted artillery shelling of a correctional facility in the settlement of Olenivka, Donetsk region, where Ukrainian prisoners were held.
- Russia has declared Azov a terrorist organization. After the mass murder of the defenders of Mariupol in Olenivka, our enemy felt a sensitive social callus – and will put pressure on it more actively. Our prisoners become elements of political blackmail and demands to surrender immediately.
- On September 6, the lawyer of the defenders of Mariupol, Anna Kalinchuk, stated that international organizations are in practice incapable of punishing Russia for the terrorist attack in Olenivka
Follow the events in Ukraine and the world together with Espresso! Subscribe to the Telegram channel: https://t.me/espresotb